Message Flow editor hover-feedback
In the Message Flow editor, you can display node and connection metadata by holding the mouse pointer over a node or subflow in a message flow.
- Switch to the Integration Development perspective.
- Open a message flow.
- In the Message Flow editor, hold the mouse pointer over a node, a subflow, or a node connection in the open message flow by placing the mouse over the element.
- To turn the pop-up window into a scrollable window, press F2.
- To hide the pop-up window, either press Esc or move the mouse away from the node.
Node and subflow feedback
When you hold the mouse pointer over a node or subflow in the Message Flow editor, the pop-up window contains the following metadata information:
- The first line of text contains the node type and the display name of the node instance. This line appears as bold text.
- The line below the node type and display name contains the node's short description.
- The final line contains the node's long description.
If the node or subflow has no short or long description associated with it, only the first line of text is displayed.
If the task list contains errors or warnings that are associated with the node or subflow, the error or warning information is displayed instead of the metadata information.
When you hold the mouse pointer over a connection in the Message Flow editor, hover-help is displayed, containing the names of the output and input terminals that are connected.