Downloading from a pattern community website by using a helper application
To use a user-defined pattern in your IBM® Integration Bus projects, download and install the pattern archive for the user-defined pattern from a pattern community website by using a helper application.
Before you begin
Before you can complete this task, you must be on the pattern community website that contains the pattern archive that you want to download.
About this task
- Navigate to the pattern archive that you want to download.
- Click the link for the required pattern archive. A new window opens. The content of the window depends on your browser, but the typical options are to either open the file or save the file.
- Install the pattern archive:
- On Windows:
Select the option to open the pattern archive. The Install Pattern Archive window opens and shows a progress monitor.
If you have more than one IBM Integration Toolkit installed on your workstation, the helper application is for the IBM Integration Toolkit that you most recently installed. If you want to control which IBM Integration Toolkit is extended with your pattern, download the file to disk, follow the instructions in Downloading from a shared file system, then start the IBM Integration Toolkit that you want to extend.
- On Linux®:
The exact steps you must complete to install the pattern archive depend on your Linux distribution and the file explorer and browser you use. Use the following steps as a guide.
- Save the pattern archive to your local file system. Select the option in your browser window to save the pattern archive to your local file system. Choose a location for the file and start the download.
- After the download completes, open the pattern archive with the
MBPatternInstaller helper application. Open a
file explorer and navigate to the pattern archive. Use the Open
with menu option on the pattern archive and select
MBPatternInstaller application is located in the IBM Integration Toolkit installation directory, for example:
- On Windows: C:\Program Files\IBM\IIB\10.1.0.2\tools
- On Linux: install_dir/iib-10.1.0.2/tools where install_dir is the directory into which the installation file was uncompressed.
- On Windows:
- Close and relaunch the IBM Integration Toolkit.
The new user-defined pattern is displayed in the Patterns Explorer view.
What to do next
You can now use the user-defined pattern in your projects. See Using patterns.