Performing in-place migration for an integration node on z/OS
Migrate an integration node on z/OS to use the enhanced facilities available in IBM® Integration Bus Version 10.1 by using in-place migration.
Before you begin
- Plan your migration; see Preparing for migration.
- Perform any pre-migration tasks; see Performing pre-migration tasks.
- Ensure that you are familiar with the steps involved in creating an integration node on z/OS; see Creating an integration node on z/OS.
- If the integration node runs in a locale that is not listed in Locales, check that the code page is one of the supported code pages and that the locale is set up correctly.
About this task
To migrate an integration node from a previous version to Version 10.1 on z/OS, complete the following steps.
- Stop all channels that are connected to the integration node.
- If any web browsers are connected to the web user interface for the integration node, close the web user interface browser window and clear the browser cache.
- Confirm that you are stopping a Version
10.0 integration node by
checking in the started task JOBLOG for the message:
BIP9108I (Msg 1/1) TESTBRK 0 INTEGRATION NODE SERVICE VALUE IS IMBSERV.V10R0M0.FP26…..
- Issue the command to stop the integration node, for example:
- Complete the steps that are defined in Creating an integration node on z/OS to create a new PDSE with customised Version 10.1 JCL scripts, but stop before you deploy IBM Integration Bus.
- Complete the steps that are defined in Creating an integration node on z/OS to replace the Started Task JCL that is in the procedures library with the Version 10.1 Started Task JCL.
- Change the MQSI_FILEPATH environment variable in the ENVFILE to point to the Version 10.1 installation. For example, change from:
- Issue the command to start the integration node in the Version 10.1 environment, for example:
- Look for the following message in the started task JOBLOG to confirm the integration note
has started in the Version 10.1 environment.
BIP9108I (Msg 1/1) TESTBRK 0 INTEGRATION NODE SERVICE VALUE IS IMBSERV.V10R1M0.GOLD…..
What to do next
When you have completed migration, see Performing post-migration tasks for information about tasks that you might want to perform after migration.