Performing in-place migration for an integration node on distributed operating systems
Migrate an integration node on a distributed operating system to use the enhanced facilities available in IBM® Integration Bus Version 10.1 by using in-place migration.
Before you begin
About this task
- Install IBM Integration Bus Version 10.1 on
the same computer as the current version. You must specify a new location for this installation.
- Open a command environment for the current version, and stop the integration node by using the mqsistop command.
- Set up the correct Version 10.1 command environment:
- On Linux® systems, open a new shell and run the environment profile mqsiprofile for this Version 10.1 installation.
- On Windows,
click Start, and open the Command Console
that is associated with the Version 10.1 installation.
On Windows systems, you must open a command console with elevated privileges. To open a command console with elevated privileges, use the mqsicommandconsole command. For more information, see mqsicommandconsole command.
- Copy all additional custom environment settings from your original environment into your Version 10.1 environment; for example, MQSI_FILENODES_ROOT_DIRECTORY.
- Start the Version 10.1 integration node by using the mqsistart command.
What to do next
- Migrate your development resources; see Migrating development resources to IBM Integration Bus Version 10.1.
- Perform any post-migration tasks; see Performing post-migration tasks.