Downloading from a shared file system
To use a user-defined pattern in your IBM® Integration Bus projects, download and install the pattern archive for the user-defined pattern from a pattern community site that is a shared file system by using the file URL or by browsing for a file.
Before you begin
Before you can complete this task, you must have access to the pattern community site that contains the pattern archive that you want to download.
About this task
- If you want to download and install the pattern archive for the user-defined pattern from a pattern community website by using a helper application and you have more than one IBM Integration Toolkit installed on your workstation, the helper application is for the IBM Integration Toolkit that you most recently installed. If you want to control which IBM Integration Toolkit is extended with your pattern, download the file to disk, complete the following instructions, then start the IBM Integration Toolkit that you want to extend.
- If you want to stop the download process, click Cancel, the pattern is not installed and the tasks are rolled back. If you click Cancel again, the Download and Install Pattern window closes.
- If you want to download the pattern by using the file URL, type in, or copy and paste, the complete URL for the pattern archive into the File Location field, click Download. The progress monitor starts to run and the status line shows the individual tasks that are being performed.
- If you want to download the pattern by browsing your local
- Click Browse. The Select The Pattern Archive To Install window opens.
- Navigate to the pattern archive that you want to use, click Open.
- Click Download. The progress monitor starts to run and the status line shows the individual tasks that are being performed.
The new user-defined pattern is displayed in the Patterns Explorer view.
What to do next
You can now use the user-defined pattern in your projects; see Using patterns.