Creating a data design project
Create a data design project to contain your database definition files.
About this task
A data design project is a specialized type of project where you store database definition files that hold information about database resources.
To create a data design project in the Integration Development perspective, complete the following steps:
- Click .A window opens in which you can select a wizard.
- Expand Data, select Data
Design Project, and click Next.
The New Data Design Project wizard opens.
- Enter a name for your data design project, and then click Finish.
The Open associated perspective dialog is displayed.
- Click No. Your data design project is created, and is displayed in the Application Development view, under Independent resources.
What to do next
- Create a database definition by using the New Database Definition File wizard to connect to a database server; see Creating a database definition (.dbm file) by using the New Database Definition File wizard.
- Create a database definition from scratch when it is not possible to connect to the database server by using the IBM Integration Toolkit; see Creating a database definition from scratch.
- Include your data design project in an application; see Adding a project to an application, integration service, or library.
- Reference your data design project from an Integration project; see Referencing resources in other libraries.