Configuring WebSphere Adapters nodes for secondary adapters
You can deploy the resources that are required to support new methods in an Enterprise Information System (EIS), without affecting any resources that are already deployed, by using primary and secondary adapters. You must configure the WebSphere® Adapters nodes in your message flows to use the secondary adapters.
Before you begin
- Read the concept topic, WebSphere Adapters resources.
- Complete the steps in Preparing your system to use WebSphere Adapters nodes.
About this task
The primary adapter for a WebSphere Adapters node contains its connection information and part of its interface; the secondary adapters contain the rest of the interface. The primary library contains message model metadata for the parts of the interfaces that are supported by the node; the secondary libraries define the rest of the model.
Complete the following steps to configure a message flow so that it can be extended by secondary adapters and libraries.
- To create a primary adapter and library, run the Adapter Connection wizard by following the instructions in Connecting to an EIS by using the Adapter Connection wizard.
- When the wizard has finished, create a message flow that contains one or more WebSphere Adapters nodes.
- In the Application Development view, expand the folders beneath the library until you see the adapter component, which has a suffix of .inadapter or .outadapter.
- Drag the adapter component onto the WebSphere Adapters node in your message flow.
- On the Basic properties tab of the WebSphere Adapters node, set the Secondary adapter mode to All adapters in application.
- Save the message flow.
What to do next
Add the library to a BAR file, then deploy the BAR file to the integration server. For more information, see Including WebSphere Adapters resources in a BAR file.