User-defined nodes are the main mechanism for extending the functions of IBM® Integration Bus.
The most common uses for a user-defined node are:
- Calling an external system for which IBM Integration Bus does not provide nodes
- Calling already defined program libraries that perform a transformation or calculation that is required in the design of a message flow
- Packaging a subflow
- Allowing programming languages other than ESQL to be used for coding message flow functions
- Performance advantages in performing some actions in compiled code
- Complex functions that are not available in ESQL, such as the large number of classes provided in JS2E