Configuring monitoring for message flows
You can configure your message flow to emit event messages that can be used to support transaction monitoring and auditing, and business process monitoring.
Before you begin
- To learn about the basic concepts of monitoring, see Monitoring basics.
- To learn about monitoring IBM Integration Bus event messages, see Event monitoring.
- To decide whether to do transaction monitoring or business process monitoring, see Monitoring scenarios.
- To decide whether to use monitoring properties or a monitoring profile, see Monitoring properties or monitoring profile.
- If you are using the default configuration with the built-in MQTT broker, the BusinessEvents group, which includes monitoring events, is disabled for MQTT. Check your pub/sub broker configuration. For more information, see Configuring the built-in MQTT pub/sub broker.
About this task
Monitoring messages are published to MQTT brokers as nonpersistent by default. However, subscribers to MQTT brokers specify the maximum quality of service (QoS) that they require, which determines whether the message is delivered only once or more than once, and whether a confirmation of receipt is required. For more information, see http://mosquitto.org/man/mqtt-7.html.
To receive monitoring events, complete the following tasks.
- Configure event sources on the flow by using either monitoring properties or a monitoring profile.
- Enable event sources by using either the monitoring properties on the node or the -i parameter on the mqsichangeflowmonitoring command.
- Activate monitoring for the flow by setting the -c parameter on the mqsichangeflowmonitoring command.
- Ensure that event publication for monitoring
messages is enabled and has been correctly configured. For more information, see Configuring the publication of event messages.
- Subscribe to the topic for the flow; see Subscribing to event message topics.