Creating a DFDL schema file by using the New Message Model wizard
Use the New Message Model wizard to create DFDL schema files.
About this task
You can use DFDL schema to model various data formats, including:
- Comma Separated Value (CSV).
- COBOL data structures. For an overview of how to use the COBOL importer, go to the Rational Application Developer for WebSphere® Version 8.5.5 product documentation online and search for COBOL Importer overview.
- C Header files. Some restrictions apply; see Importing from C (DFDL): restrictions.
- Custom text or binary.
- Open the New Message Model wizard
by using one of the following methods:
- In the navigator, click New, then click Message Model ....
- Right-click the white space of the navigator, then click .
- Step through the wizard, clicking Next to
move to a new panel, and clicking Finish when
you have entered the information required to create your DFDL schema.
Your new DFDL schema is created, and is displayed in your application or library.
What to do next
Next:The schema file is opened in the DFDL editor, and you can edit it immediately.