Instana supports integrating logs from Mezmo. After integration, you can be redirected to the Mezmo UI from the Instana UI to view Mezmo logs. This enables a fluid workflow between Instana and Mezmo.
Configuring Mezmo log integration
You can configure Instana to integrate logs from Mezmo. Instana supports two log providers for Mezmo: Mezmo and IBM Cloud Log Analysis.
By default, the Mezmo log integration is disabled. To enable Mezmo log integration, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Team Settings > Log Management > Mezmo.
- Toggle Mezmo link on Hosts.
- Select a log provider from the Provider drop-down menu.
- Enter the details of the provider as described in the following table:
|Mezmo||Mezmo Base URL||Base URL of your Mezmo account||
|Mezmo||Mezmo Account ID||ID of your Mezmo account||
|IBM Cloud Log Analysis||IBM Cloud Base URL||Base URL of your IBM Cloud Log Analysis dashboard||
|IBM Cloud Log Analysis||GUID||Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) of a particular Logging Instance||
Finding the GUID for IBM Cloud Log Analysis
To find the GUID of the IBM Cloud Log Analysis instance, complete the following steps:
- In your IBM Cloud account (https://cloud.ibm.com/observe/logging), click Observability > Logging in the IBM Cloud Analysis UI.
- Click the Logging Instance that you want to integrate with Instana. The GUID is in the Details section.
To access Mezmo, follow these steps:
- Log on to the host machine in which Mezmo is running.
- Go to the host dashboard.
- Perform one of the following steps depending on the number of log providers:
- If only one log provider is integrated, click Mezmo.
- If multiple log providers are integrated, go to Go to Logs > Mezmo.