IBM Z ChatOps Integration (Open Beta)
IBM Z based incidents can now be created from Instana. The IBM Z ChatOps alert channel supports sending alert notifications for Instana events to IBM Z ChatOps.
- Setting up IBM Z ChatOps alert channel
- Alert payload details
Setting up IBM Z ChatOps alert channel
To add the IBM Z ChatOps alert channel, click Settings > Alert Channels > Add Alert Channel in the Instana UI.
The Z ChatOps Incidents URL field needs to point to the IBM Z ChatOps instance to make a post request for incidents, such as
https://your_microservice_server:your_port_number/ibm/bnz/v1/incident. For more information,
see Integrating with IBM Z Chatops.
The Token field needs to be a JWT bearer token, which can be extracted from the IBM Z ChatOps Microservice.
The Channel field needs to contain the channel name from where you wish to receive alerts in your channel service (that is ,
**Mattermost**, which is a communication tool that is used to integrate with IBM Z ChatOps).
Alert payload details
The alerts are received when an event is triggered in the Instana UI. A URL endpoint is provided when you create an IBM Z ChatOps alert channel. The alert payload that is received is sent to this URL endpoint.
When an IBM z/OS entity triggers an alert within Instana, a payload corresponding to the specific entity is sent to IBM Z ChatOps. Instana supports the following IBM z/OS entities:
The alert payload will contain the following information:
- Id: ID of the event.
- Summary: Title of the event.
- Description: Description of the event.
- Priority: Instana events that have a critical severity are mapped to
highpriority, and all other events are mapped to
- Severity: Instana events that have a critical severity are mapped to
criticalseverity, events with warning severity are mapped to
minorseverity, and rest of the events are mapped to
- Category: Alert.
- DateTime: Provides the reported and occurred timestamp in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) format.
- Location: The Resource Name contains the name of the entity for which the event is triggered. Additional information is included for events on IBM Z entities as follows:
- CICS: Sysplex Name, System Name, SMF ID.
- Db2: SMF ID.
- IMS: SMF ID.
- ReportedBy: Instana.
- ChatTool Posted: Includes the name of the Mattermost channel that is provided by the user.
- Links: Link to the Instana event is attached.
- Customized Fields: Based on the type of event, the following data is attached in the alert:
- CICS: Component, CICS Region and Cicsplex Name.
- IMS: Component and IMS ID.
- Db2: Component and Db2 ID.
On open issues/incidents (CICS)
The following is an example of the alert payload of an IBM CICS event with the type as
Issue and the status as