Monitoring Hazelcast IMDG
- Supported versions
- Metrics collection
The Hazelcast IMDG sensor is automatically deployed and installed after you install the Instana agent.
Currently supported versions are Hazelcast 3.2 to 4.2.4.
To view the metrics, select Infrastructure in the sidebar of the Instana User interface, click a specific monitored host, and then you can see a host dashboard with all the collected metrics and monitored processes.
- Node name (returned by
- Node address
- Node UUID
- Group name
- Cluster Id (starting with Hazelcast 3.5)
- Version (starting with Hazelcast 3.2)
- OpenSource / Enterprise version (starting with Hazelcast 3.2)
- Lite Member Status (starting with Hazelcast 3.6)
Instana extracts the label for the Hazelcast instances by using the node address and the cluster name, e.g.
- Operation Count (starting with Hazelcast 3.2)
- MigrationQueue Size
- EventQueue Size (starting with Hazelcast 3.2)
- Distributed Objects (starting with Hazelcast 3.5)
- ExecutionService Queue Size (starting with Hazelcast 3.2)
- Connected Client Count (starting with Hazelcast 3.2)
For each sensor, there is a curated knowledgebase of health signatures that are evaluated continuously against the incoming metrics and are used to raise issues or incidents depending on user impact.
Built-in events trigger issues or incidents based on failing health signatures on entities, and custom events trigger issues or incidents based on the thresholds of an individual metric of any given entity.
For information about built-events for the Hazelcast node, see the Built-in events reference.
- Cluster Id
- Group name
Starting with Hazelcast 3.5 the cluster name is a combination of the configured group name and the first characters of the cluster Id, e.g.
my-cluster-5c07d2. In older Hazelcast versions only the group name is used, e.g.
- Node count
For information about built-events for the Hazelcast cluster, see the Built-in events reference.