Build 247 is released on 25 April 2023.
Minimum version to update from directly: Build 243.
- Cumulative release notes #246, #247
- Release information
- Minor releases
Cumulative release notes #246, #247
With the update to 247, connections to all databases must be authenticated (see https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/6959969).
Existing databases are reconfigured accordingly. This happens with almost no additional manual configuration, non-existing credentials in the
settings.hcl are initially created. A modified
settings.hcl is the output
after the update. The exception is the multi-host setup when after updating the Clickhouse host the Clickhouse credentials have to be manually copied to the
settings.hcl of the Instana host. For details, refer to Datastore credentials.
We migrated Docker registry and package repositories to our new Artifactory server. Installation instructions have been updated accordingly. The old repos continue to work but will no longer be updated after release 247. They will be turned off once older releases only available there are no longer supported.
Exploration chart in the Infrastructure Analytics page
For further entities exploration, you can select a chart metric to display its values across all filtered entities.
IBM MQ tracing
The Instana UI now supports displaying message headers. You can use the
IBMMQ_RFH2_HEADERS_TO_EXPOSEproperty in the
mqtracingexit.conffile to specify a list of message headers that must be included in the span payload. For more information, see Configuring IBM MQ Tracing.
The IBM MQ tracing user exit now supports the environment variable
INSTANA_SERVICE_NAME. You can set a custom service name by setting the environment variable
mqtracingexit.conffile for the IBM MQ processes.
Tracing support for NGINX 1.15.3
Tracing support for NGINX 1.15.3 is added.
Oracle Tuxedo monitoring
A new sensor that monitors Oracle Tuxedo is available now. It collects metrics from Management Information Base (MIB) for Tuxedo domains, machines, and servers. For more information, see Monitoring Oracle Tuxedo.
IBM MQ tracing
The default value of the property
IBMMQ_PUBSUB_SUPPORT in the
mqtracingexit.conf file is changed to
Android-agent 6.0.0 release
This release makes the following Gradle 8 compatibility fixes for Android-agent 6.0.0:
- Upgraded Android Gradle Plugin (AGP) version to 7.2.2, Gradle version to 7.3.3, and Kotlin version to 1.6.10.
- Removed deprecated Transform API used by Instana plugin to improve application build time.
targetSdkVersionin Android-agent to 33, and fixed unit test cases.
- Upgraded dependent library versions for Android-agent and Instana-example app.
targetSdkVersionin the Instana-example app to 33, and removed deprecated APIs.
- When you fetch issues or incidents by using the Events API, you can see that some extra metadata is exposed, such as the application ID of a service event, or the failed file transfers of an IBM MQ Managed File Transfer event.
IBM MQ sensor
- Removed the cluster name in the Queue Manager event if its cluster name is blank.
- Removed the cluster name in the channel, queue, listener events to make the event title more concise.
- Improved the Configuring section in the Monitoring IBM MQ topic by adding more information.
- Added the Configuring IBM MQ authority and Troubleshooting IBM MQ sensor sections to the Monitoring IBM MQ topic.
- Added enumeration values for listener, channel, and Queue Manager status to the Viewing IBM MQ metrics topic.
Previously, service types were missing in the flow map. This bug is fixed now.
IBM ACE sensor
Previously, only the SSL key with the beginning delimiter
--BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-- was supported. The SSL key with the beginning delimiter
--BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-- was not supported for container-based ACE environment.
Now, the SSL key with the beginning delimiter
--BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-- is also supported.
Custom dashboard: Time Series widget
Fixed a bug on aggregations of all other groups of the Time Series widget when data source is either Websites (Beacons) or Mobile Apps (Beacons).
IBM MQ sensor
The issue that the
Queue Full From MQ Events is not triggered in the environment where the server name contains '-' is fixed now.
Wrong proxy server configurations in the components of the Instana backend is fixed.
- Added a new command to reset database passwords
instana restore --reset.
- Fixed creating the Docker network when the installer was used to create data stores only for operator-based setups.
- Fixed offlined Elastisearch search snapshots on online entities, so that queries no longer incorrectly return empty results.
- Fixed Docker bind options on systems with SELinux enabled.