Updating packages by using wizard mode
Use Installation Manager to locate and install product updates and new features for packages that are installed with Installation Manager.
Before you begin
- If you have an IBM® Passport Advantage® account, you can update packages from the Passport Advantage site.
- If you are installing updates from a repository that is not on the Passport Advantage site, you must specify the repository in the preferences before you update.
About this task
During the update, any installed fixes that do not apply to the update are uninstalled.
If you use another installer that is not Installation Manager to update a package, Installation Manager might not be able to recognize the change. You might need to uninstall the update from the other installer to use Installation Manager to update later.
To find and install available updates:
- Close all programs that were installed with Installation Manager.
- In Installation Manager, click Update.
- If a new version of Installation Manager is found, you are prompted to confirm the installation before you can continue. Click OK to proceed. Installation Manager automatically installs the new version, restarts, and resumes.
In the Update wizard, review the list of available updates.
Information about the translations and architecture for the package group are shown.
- To update all packages with only the recommended fixes, select Update all
packages with recommended updates and recommended fixes. Note: If you select Update all packages with recommended updates and recommended fixes and a package does not have recommend fixes, you receive the error:
No updates or fixes were found for the packages that are installed in the selected locations.A package might have fixes that are not recommended.
- To update packages with fixes that are not recommended or to update a specific package, select the package group that contains the package.
- To update all packages with only the recommended fixes, select Update all packages with recommended updates and recommended fixes.
Installation Manager searches for updates in the added and predefined repositories.
Some packages require entitlement for updates. If you are not entitled to an update, you cannot select the update. The Status column contains a Not entitled message for updates that are not entitled. Entitlement is based on your IBM ID credentials.
Available updates are shown in the Updates list on the Update
Packages page. Only the latest updates are shown by default. Clear Show
recommended only (which is selected by default) to show all updates that are found for
the available packages.
The Only fixes for Version version option shows when fixes are available for the installed package. The fixes do not update the installed package to a later version. The Version version option shows when updates are available for the installed package. The updates install a later version of the package.
- To learn more about an update, click the update and review its description under Details.
- If more information about the update is available, a More info link is included at the end of the description text. Click the link to view the information in a browser. Review this information before you install the update.
- Select the versions or click Select Recommended to restore the default selections. Updates that have a dependency relationship are automatically selected and cleared together. Click Next.
Select the fixes to install and click Next.
If you select a version in the previous step that does not have any available fixes, you do not see this screen.
- On the Licenses page, read the license
agreements for the selected updates. A list of licenses for the updates
you selected is shown. Click each item to view the license agreement
- Click I accept the terms of the license agreements.
- Click Next.
- Select the features to install and click Next.
Review your choices before you install the updates.
On Windows, Installation Manager checks for running processes. If processes are blocking the update, the Blocking Processes section includes a list of these processes. You must click Stop All Blocking Processes before you continue the update. The running processes lock files that Installation Manager must access or modify. If no processes must be stopped, you do not see this list.
- To change your choices, click Back.
- When you are finished, click Update to download and install the updates.