JCL requirements for the Database Tuning Statistics
The Database Tuning Statistics function is provided by HSSR Engine. Therefore, it must meet the requirements for the basic JCL (FABHX034 JCL). In addition, Database Tuning Statistics JCL requires other DD statements.
The following table summarizes additional JCL requirements for running the Database Tuning Statistics function.
- HSSROPT DD
- This statement defines the input data set that contains the DBSTATS control statement, which activates the Database Tuning Statistics. The data set also contains the optional LOUT statement, which is used for HSSRLOUT records selection.
- HSSRLDEF DD
- This optional statement defines the input data set that contains control statements for requesting the DB Record Length Distribution report with your own database record length ranges.
- HSSRSTAT DD
- This optional statement defines the output data set for the statistical output.
- HSSRLOUT DD
- This optional statement defines the output sequential data set,
in which a small record for each database record is written. Each
record of the data set consists of:
Note: Do not specify the BLKSIZE and LRECL for the HSSRLOUT data set on JCL. These values are determined dynamically by HSSR Engine based on the key length of the root segment. The LRECL is 8 bytes plus the length of the key of the database root segment.
- Length of the database record (fullword)
- The number of database I/Os required to read all database segments of the database record (fullword)
- Key of the database root segment