Data Set I/O Statistics report
This report contains statistics about I/O and buffer handler activities.
Example report: Data Set I/O Statistics report
The following figure shows an example of this report.
Report field descriptions
- Name of the job.
- Name of the step for which Data Set I/O Statistics are logged.
If you use a cataloged procedure (that is, FABHDBB, FABHDLI, or FABHULU),
this STEPNAME is shown as
G. xxxxxxxx(where xxxxxxxx is the name specified for your EXEC statement). In this example report, the cataloged procedure is used, and the name of the EXEC statement is URG1HD.
- Name of application program.
- Name of PSB containing the PCBs that are used.
For each PCB data set combination, the following information is printed:
- ddname as coded on the DD1=keyword in the DBD that is referred to by the HSSR PCB.
- SIZE OF A BUF
- Buffer size.
- NUM OF BUFFERS
- Total number of buffers.
- IO DIRECT
- Number of issued direct I/O requests.
- IO SEQU
- Number of chained sequential I/O requests.
- RBA REQUESTS
- Number of buffer handler requests.
- PCT IO/REQ
- Percentage of issued I/O operations per buffer handler request.
- PCT IO/BLK
- Percentage of issued I/O operations per number of blocks or CIs contained in the data set.
The TOTAL line appears once on the report:
- This line contains totals of the above fields.
- TOTAL NUMBER OF BYTES IN BUFFER POOL
- The total number of bytes of the storage allocated for the buffer pool.
Note: If one or more partitions of PHDAM or PHIDAM are in the HALDB OLR cursor-active status, each count number is 0 for each data set of the partitions.