FABH0256E BLKSIZE OR LRECL OF ddname IS TOO SMALL
The block size or record size of the ddname data set is too small. For *HD output, the block size is always the maximum device capacity. For other output, the block size or record size is the maximum device capacity unless a block size or record size is coded on the JCL statement.
Program FABHURG1 ends abnormally.
Complete the following tasks to identify the cause, and take appropriate actions:
- If a user record-formatting routine is used, check whether ULEN can be reduced.
- If the utility uses the maximum device capacity, check whether ddname can be allocated on a device with more track capacity.
- If the utility uses the block size or record size specified on the JCL statement, check whether the block size or record size can be increased or use the default maximum device capacity.
- Record size can be specified only for *F1, *F2 and *F3 format. If the record size (LRECL) is coded on the JCL statement, it must be less than or equal to the (block size) minus 4.
- If an optional exit routine is used for the FABHURG1 utility, check whether the length specified on the USEGMAX control statement can be reduced.