Setting up the data for the Vendor role
You need to set up data to use the Vendor role.
Add the following properties to the
Before you begin
common.propertiesfile in the MDM/etc/default folder of the application and restart the Admin UI after the update:
- vendor_organization_hierarchy=Vendor Organization Hierarchy
- vendor_product_workflow=Vendor Product Introduction Workflow
- vendor_collab_table=Vendor Collab Table
- owner_approval_workflow=Owner Approval Workflow
Verify that the Catalog ACG, Hierarchy ACG, and Vendor role are available as follows:
- Browse to , you should see Catalog1 ACG and Hierarchy1 ACG.
- Browse to , you should see Vendor role.
Verify that Vendor Organization Hierarchy, Vendor Lookup Table, Vendor Collab Table, and Vendor
User are available as follows:
- Browse to drop-down list, you should see the Vendor Organization Hierarchy.
- Browse to , you should see the Vendor Collab Table.
Add the Vendor Organization Hierarchy from the Modules section to the
left pane as follows:
- Browse to .
Create Spec, Hierarchy, Catalog, and attribute collection for the catalog attributes as
- To create spec, browse to .
- To create hierarchy, browse to .
- To create catalog, browse to .
- To add the catalog to the left pane, browse to .
- To create attribute collection, .
Add the vendor organization hierarchy as a secondary hierarchy to the catalog as follows:
- In the left pane, right-click the catalog that you added in the previous step and browse to Vendor Organization Hierarchy, and click Add. drop-down list, select
Add a vendor organization under the Vendor Organization Hierarchy as follows:
The collaboration area for the newly added vendor organization is created and mapped into the Lookup table. Verify by browsing to.
- Right-click Vendor Name and click Save. , enter
Add the user data in the Vendor User Creation job and run the report as follows:
Previous step adds the user as an administrator for the collaboration created.
- Browse to Report Console icon.Note: The User Details/Vendorname field in the user details sections for the user creation report needs to be an existing vendor category.
, enter User Details, then browse to , and click
- Browse to Report Console icon.
- Browse to the Vendor Product Introduction Workflow and add the attribute collection that is created for the catalog attributes into all the workflow steps. Ensure to add the collection in the initial step. Similarly, add the attribute collection to the Owner Approval Workflow, along with the initial step.
Create the owner approval collaboration area by running the report job as follows:
- Browse to , and select the created catalog.
Verify secondary spec ‘VendorInfo’ is mapped to the vendor organization as follows:
Important: The items coming from the Vendor to the Owners Collaboration Area get mapped to the Vendor Organization Hierarchy and the administrator should not add, edit, or delete any other vendor hierarchy to the item. If the administrator deletes the vendor hierarchy from the Category tab, the item is lost as due to no linking. If the administrator adds other vendor hierarchy to the item, it is a security breach as one vendor's item gets mapped to the other vendor.
- Browse to .
Add the full admin access to the Catalog 1 ACG, which is used for the catalog that is created for the vendor.