Starting the Interceptor Replayer with the madconfig utility
You can use the madconfig utility to start the Interceptor Replayer if you are replicating interactions from one operational server to another.
About this task
If you are performing an upgrade, use the Replayer API.
You can run only one instance of the madconfig utility start_replayer target at any given time on a single engine.
- On the command line, go to the operational server installation
directory (MAD_ROOTDIR). Then
go to the scripts directory. For example:
cd C:\Program Files\IBM\Initiate\Engine11.6.x\scripts
IBM® AIX®, Linux®, or Solaris:
- Run the applicable command:
IBM AIX, Linux, or Solaris:
- Enter an existing operational server instance name. This version of the instance must be release 11.6 or later.
- Enter the Directory with Recorded file. Point to the location of the file created by the Recorder.
- Enter the Recorded file to Replay. Default value: Record.rcd
- Enter the Start Line Number. Indicate where in the recorded file you want the Replayer to begin executing interactions to be sent to the destination engine. The Replayer executes all interactions from the line number you supply until the end of the file. The default is 1.
start_replayeractions if these conditions are met:
- that log4j-*.jar is in the classpath upon class creation
- that log4j-*.jar is in the classpath for the replayer script
- that you have this VM argument set
The Replayer creates the replay.log file in the same directory as the recorded file.
The Replayer, upon starting, establishes a connection with the destination engine, scans the interaction data file (one interaction per line), and sends the interaction to the new engine. There is no madconfig utility stop_replayer target; the Replayer stops when it reaches the end of the interaction data file.