Starting the Interceptor Recorder with the madconfig utility
You can use the madconfig utility to start the Interceptor Recorder.
About this task
Only one instance of the start_recorder target can be run at any given time on a single operational server.
Until you stop the Recorder, it continues to write interactions to the interaction data file, gradually increasing the size of the file. Make sure that you have adequate space on the file system and monitor the file as it grows.
- On the command line, go to the operational server installation
directory (MAD_ROOTDIR). Then
go to the scripts directory. For example:
cd C:\Program Files\IBM\Initiate\Engine11.6.x\scripts
IBM® AIX®, Linux®, or Solaris:
- Run the applicable command:
IBM AIX, Linux, or Solaris:
- Enter an existing operational server instance name. This name is the “source” operational server.
- Enter the operational server user password.
- Enter interaction types. Default value: [ ] By default, interactions of all types are recorded.
- Enter the file name. By default, the file name is Record.rcd and it is written to the MAD_HOMEDIR\inst\mpinet_name directory. The file can be written to an alternative path by supplying the full path and file name. Do not include spaces in the file name.
- Leave the command line open while the Recorder is running.