Task statuses are defined and stored in the mpi_tskstat table. These definitions are used to determine the status of a task during the stages of resolution.
Status types are configurable, but there are standard statuses that are predefined for the MDM operational server:
- Unexamined. The task was not reviewed nor had any updates that were made to the associated Entity IDs, Source IDs, or workflow status. This status has an entry of N in the is Resolved field of the mpi_tskstat table.
- Resolved. The task was reviewed, worked, and resolved by a user. This status has an is Resolved entry of Y.
- Deferred. The task was reviewed, but a determination on resolution was not made. This task has a default is Resolved value of N. This value allows a member in this status to interact normally during task resolution. Alternatively, this status may have an is Resolved value of D. This value prevents members with a task in this status from creating rules during task resolution.
- OB-SENT. This status is reserved for use by the outbound broker to indicate that member updates were sent to the source system. This status has a setting of S in the is Resolved field where S equals system internal setting.
- OB-REJECT. Also reserved for the outbound broker, this status indicates that an update message was rejected. This status has a setting of S in the is Resolved field where S equals system internal setting.
- EXPIRED. The default behavior is that tasks do not expire. However, you can configure the MDM operational server so that a task expires after a set number of days. If set and a task of the associated type is not resolved or otherwise touched (for example, task ownership change or task status change), the task status automatically changes to EXPIRED. For example, if you set this number to 15 and after 15 days the task is not resolved, then the task status is changed.