Preparing WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment
Use this procedure to install and prepare your application server as a first step in completing this scenario.
The resulting topology from this procedure is that machine A has WebSphere® Application Server Deployment Manager, and machines B, C, and D have WebSphere Application Server managed nodes.
About this task
- Install and configure WebSphere Application Server on machines A, B, C, and D. Use the WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment documentation as a guide.
- Create a WebSphere Application Server cluster named CLUSTER1 for the MDM operational server.
- Create an ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH WebSphere Application Server environment
variable for each node in the cluster. The path must point to the
JDBC drivers for each machine. For example, if the Oracle client and JDBC drivers are installed at $USER_HOME/jdbc/lib/ojdbc6.jar, specify the ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_PATH equal to $USER_HOME.
- Make sure that all managed nodes are properly synchronized before you begin installing InfoSphere® MDM.
- Make sure that you know the WebSphere Application Server Deployment Manager host name and SOAP port before you start the InfoSphere MDM installation. Use the WebSphere Application Server configuration worksheet to record your values.
- Make sure your cluster is started before you begin the InfoSphere MDM installation.