Installing InfoSphere MDM
Use this procedure to install InfoSphere® MDM and any selected user applications as the final step in completing this scenario.
Make sure that your application server and database are started before you begin the InfoSphere MDM installation.
About this task
- Start IBM® Installation Manager on machine A and choose your InfoSphere MDM offering. Continue through the prompts.
- Specify the InfoSphere MDM installation
home and shared directories. For example, MDM_INSTALL Home - /usr/IBM/MDM/E001/mdm and Shared - /usr/IBM/MDM/E001/Shared
- Choose the MDM Database, MDM
Operational Server, and any user applications or other
features you want to install. For example: select the Applications feature to install all user applications, or select specific applications.
- On the Database Configuration panel, specify the database type and database parameters. You can choose whether you want to test the database connection by selecting Test Connection or select No connection test required.
- On the WebSphere Application Server Configuration panel, specify the application server parameters. Select Retrieve Host Details to obtain your Cell, Node, and Server information. Select Install MDM application on cluster. Choose CLUSTER1 from the Cluster list.
- On the Application Configuration panel, select IBM WebSphere Default Messaging.
- On each individual user application configuration panel, provide the parameters. Select Install MDM application on cluster. Choose CLUSTER1 from the Cluster list.
- Click Verify Installation Requirements to run the prerequisite checks. Review and correct any errors or warnings, then click Recheck.
- When the verification checks pass successfully, click Install.
After running the Installation Manager process, run the installation configuration tool
- On Microsoft
Windows systems, run
- On Linux® or UNIX
- On Microsoft Windows systems, run
Provide the details of your deployment as prompted by the installation configuration
The configuration tool will complete the configuration of your installation.
- When the installation and initial configuration is complete, view the logs and use the installation verification tools.