Task Management Services example use
Task Management Services can be used, for example, in the following way:
- Type 1: Add Item
- Type 2: Enrich Item with Marketing Info
- Type 3: Enrich Item with Financial Info
In a business process, Dale, a business administrator, uses the Administrative UI to create two task instances based on the solution data/business model that Ryan created.
- Task1: Add a new laptop (SKU# 987001) to the inventory, using task type Type 1
- Task2: Add another new laptop (SKU# 987002) to the inventory, using task type Type 1
Sara logs in to the Business UI and finds Task1 and Task2 on her list. She launches Task1. After running through the UI actions, which are defined in the activity diagram of a task definition, she comes back to the Business UI and sets Task1 to Success. Then she does the same for Task2.
- Task3: Enrich the first laptop (SKU# 987001) with marketing info, using task type Type 2
- Task4: Enrich the second laptop (SKU# 987002) with financial info, using task type Type 3
After creating these task instances, Dale assigns Task3 to Ivan, a marketing manager, and he assigns Task4 to Theresa, a finance manager.