Security Service configuration behavior
Security Service can be configured in the following ways:
- Behavior When Configured On
- When a user attempts to perform a transaction, a security check is performed to determine if that user is authorized to perform that transaction. If the user is authorized, the transaction is completed; if the user is not authorized the transaction is cancelled.
- Behavior When Configured Off
- No security checks are performed when users perform transactions.
- Behavior When Configuration is Changed in a Production Environment
- Security Service configuration can be changed at any time without impact other than changing the security check capability.
- Configured During Installation
- Security Service can be configured at any time. See the procedures in the Defining security services topics in the developer documentation.
- Modifying This Feature
- Security Service can be modified according to the procedures in the Defining security services topics in the developer documentation.