Importing an existing project
Use this procedure to import an existing configuration project into your workspace or copy project files into your current workspace.
About this task
To import an existing project, either switch your workspace to the project parent directory usingor copy the project files into your current workspace.
Use this procedure to copy the project files into your current workspace.
- Using a file browser, copy the existing project directories into the workspace directory on your file system.
- From the Navigator view, right-click the project and select Import.
- In the Import:Select window, select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- In the Import:Import Projects window, Select root directory is the selected default. Use the Browse button to specify the location of the previously exported project. You can also select to import from an archive file (.jar, .zip, .tar, .tar.gz, or .tgz file) by choosing the Select archive file option.
- Click the check box for each project you want to import.
- If you want to copy the projects into the current workspace, check the Copy projects into workspace option. This option places a copy of the imported project folders and files into the current workspace directory.
- Click Finish to import the project. The project appears in the Navigator view.