Installing the Elasticsearch
The Elasticsearch is a highly scalable open source full-text search and analytics engine. The feature allows you to store, search, and analyze large volumes of data quickly. The Elasticsearch feature is generally used as the underlying engine or technology that powers applications that have complex search features and requirements.
- Java Runtime Environment 1.8. Set the JAVA8_HOME environment variable in the .bash_profile file.
- Download the Elasticsearch in a compressed file
format from the following location:
MDM CE version 18.104.22.168MDM CE version 22.214.171.124 and earlier releases
For more information, see Installing Elasticsearch.
Hazelcast IMDG - For more information, see Configuring the Hazelcast IMDG.Additionally, Elasticsearch requires setting of few Operating System level parameters. The following two properties are more commonly set:
- Max virtual memory [vm.max_map_count] - Needs to be increased to the value of at least 262144. For more information, see Virtual memory.
- Max file descriptors - Needs to be increased to the value of at least 65536. For more information, see File Descriptors.
- The Elasticsearch service cannot be run as a root user. You need to switch to a different user to start the Elasticsearch service.
- Configure Elasticsearch to run as a service.
- Log4j CVE-2021-44228, CVE-2021-45046 remediation
instructionsPerform the following instructions on your Elasticsearch server to handle this vulnerability.