BIL installation checklist
This topic includes a checklist to follow for installing and configuring BIL.
To successfully install and configure BIL, you must ensure that the following tasks are completed:
- Validate that the hardware, operating system, and supporting software meet stated requirements including necessary patches.
- Verify the Infrastructure and Application configurations (ulimit settings, database heap sizes, etc.).
- Verify that messages are processed by InfoSphere®
QualityStage® server in a first in, first out
(FIFO) order, and that a single node configuration is properly set up on InfoSphere
QualityStage.Tip: By configuring its parallel engines, you can still use pipeline parallelism to improve realtime job performance, but avoid partition parallelism.
- Prepare the file system structures on the InfoSphere Information Server machine.
- Create a project for BIL on the InfoSphere Information Server DataStage® machine.
- Perform any additional project-specific configuration including DSParams.
- Install the BIL custom routine, UTCCvt.o.
- Install the clean up script into the ARCHIVE directory.
- Copy the Java™ libraries and property files into the Java/lib directory.
- Import the BIL Assets into the InfoSphere DataStage project that you created.
- Update the MDMIS Parameter Set.
- Configure and test InfoSphere Information Server and InfoSphere DataStage connections to the InfoSphere MDM database.
- Configure the default BIL InfoSphere DataStage configuration files, create additional configurations if desired.
- (OPTIONAL) NLS-Enable the BIL jobs.
- Compile the BIL parallel and sequencer jobs.
- Create a Surrogate Key State file.
- (OPTIONAL) Test the BIL installation using FullTest SIF files.