Installing GNU utilities
Depending on your operating system and your choice for the source of Perl, you might need to install the freely available GNU utilities. If you plan to use the version of Perl that is supplied with your operating system, and you have the C compiler for your operating system that is installed on the server where you are installing InfoSphere® Master Data Management Collaboration Server - Collaborative Edition, you do not need to install the GNU utilities.
Before you begin
About this task
Installing Perl requires the following GNU utilities: GNU C compiler (g), GNU autoconf, GNU automake, GNU m4, GNU libtool, and GNU make.
- Download the GNU utilities for your operating system.
Linux® already includes the GNU utilities; you can download the GNU utilities for the other supported operating systems from these websites:
- IBM® AIX®
- AIX toolbox, available at: http://www.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/linux/toolbox/download.html
- Sun Solaris
- Sun Freeware, available at: http://www.sunfreeware.com
- HP-UX Porting and Archive Center, available at: http://hpux.connect.org.uk. GCC is available from the HP Developer & Solution Partner Program (DSPP).
- Install the GNU utilities by following the information that is provided with the package that you downloaded.
- Make sure that the directory that contains the GCC utility,
the C compiler, is the first directory in the PATH statement.
For example, if GCC is installed in /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/bin should be first in the PATH statement.