Running the MDMSupport PD collector tool
Complete this procedure to run the MDMSupport PD collector tool.
- Ensure that you have the appropriate levels of access and
- Read and Write access permissions to the <MDM_INSTALL_DIR>/MDMSupport directory and subdirectories
- Write permission to the directory specified in output.location property of the mdmsupport.config file
- Execute permission for the shell scripts in the <MDM_INSTALL_DIR>/MDMSupport directory
- Read Permission for the InfoSphere® MDM installation directory. For example, MDM_HOME as specified in the mdminstall.properties of the <MDM_INSTALL_DIR>/MDMSupport directory.
- Read Permission for the Application Server installation directories. For example, the WebSphere® Application Server installation directory, as specified by WAS_HOME in the mdminstall.properties file located in the <MDM_INSTALL_DIR>/MDMSupport directory.
- Permission to execute database commands under the database installation directory. For example, the directory represented by DATABASE_HOME specified in the mdminstall.properties file located in the <MDM_INSTALL_DIR>/MDMSupport directory.
- Execute the <MDMSUPPORT_HOME>/mdmsupport.sh shell script by using following command:
The possible values of the <collect command> parameter are
mdmsupport.sh --collect=<collect command>
- configmgr – Collects ManagementAgent and ManagementConsole logs and related config files. It also collects the CONFIGELEMENT table data and writes to the CONFIGELEMENT.xml
- eventmgr – Collects logs, property files and table data for the event manager component. A list of event manager tables to collect the data from is fetched from eventmanager.include property of the mdmsupport.config file. The SQL statements used to fetch data are picked from $MDMSUPPORT_HOME/config/eventmanager.properties
- metadata – Collects only the metadata of the InfoSphere MDM installation. A list of metadata tables to collect from is fetched from metadata.include property of the mdmsupport.config file. The SQL statements used to fetch data are picked from $MDMSUPPORT_HOME/config/metadata.properties.
- moredata – Collects data as specified in moredata.properties. This feature is to provide the facility to collect additional data that is not fetched by the metadata command. A list of tables to collect the data from is fetched from moredata.include property of the mdmsupport.config file. The SQL statements used to fetch data are picked from $MDMSUPPORT_HOME/config/moredata.properties.
- ds – Collects logs and property files of the DataStewardship component only.
- system – Collects oslevel, jdklevel, appserver level, database level, disk usage and memory usage data.
- dblogs – Collects diagnostic logs of the database used by the InfoSphere MDM installation.
- appserver – Collects appserver logs. Supports WebSphere Application Server.
- mdm – Collects the following:
- InfoSphere MDM Core logs such as System.out, performancemonitor.log, and transactiondata.log
- property files defined in the $MDM_INSTALLEDAPP_HOME/properties.jar
- data collected by metadata, moredata, eventmgr, configmgr, and ds commands
- all – Collects diagnostic data for all components: InfoSphere MDM, Application Server, Database, and System details. Collects the data collected by mdm, appserver, and dblogs commands.