Moving from Big Match 184.108.40.206 on Hortonworks Data Platform 2.2 or IBM Open Platform 4.0 to Big Match 11.5 on Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3 or IBM Open Platform 4.1
IBM® InfoSphere® Big Match for Hadoop version 11.5 supports Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3 and IBM Open Platform/BigInsights version 4.1.
- Export the deployed project from the console and save them as zip files.
- Run the pme_disable command to disable the tables.
- Uninstall Big Match:
- Follow the instructions in Uninstalling the Big Match Ambari service from your cluster (V220.127.116.11 and above).
- Then, follow the instructions in Removing the Big Match service from Ambari (V18.104.22.168 to V22.214.171.124).
- Remove the old BIGMATCH.repo from the /var/www/html/repos/* and /etc/yum.repos.d/BIGMATCH.repo directories.
- Restart the services.
- Make sure that the record tables and HDFS workspace are still intact.
- Complete Ambari upgrade. Follow instructions in Getting Ready to Upgrade Ambari and HDP.
- Complete a rolling upgrade using the instructions in Rolling Upgrade HDP 2.2 to 2.3.
- If you previously used Java 1.7, then upgrade to Java 1.7r9 or higher or Java 1.8. Use the instructions in Change the JDK Version
- Make sure that all services start and that there are no warnings or errors. Also, make sure that your HBase data is intact and accessible.
- Make sure new Big Match prerequisites
are met. For example, make sure that spark is installed.
- Install the new rpm of Big Match by using the installation instructions.
- Restart the ambari-server and make sure that httpd is running.
- Install a new version of Big Match by using the installation instructions.
- Run the pme_enable command on the tables that you disabled in step 2.
- Import the previously exported project.
- Deploy the project.