Installing the product using console mode
Before you begin
Make sure that you meet these prerequisites:
- You have completed all of the installation preparation tasks, including preparing your IBM® WebSphere® Application Server and database.
- You have installed IBM Installation Manager and added the necessary repositories.
- Your IBM WebSphere Application Server deployment manager and node are started.
- Your database is started.
To increase the heap size:
- Open the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console and go to System Administration > Deployment Manager.
- Under Server Infrastructure, expand Java and Process Management, then click Process definition.
- Under Additional Properties, click Java Virtual Machine.
- Set the Initial heap size to 512 MB and the Maximum heap size to 1024 MB.
- Click OK, save your changes, and synchronize your changes with the nodes.
- Review the prerequisites listed earlier in this topic and ensure that you have completed all of the necessary preparation steps. These steps are not optional.
- Optionally, enable enhanced debug logging in INSTALLATION_MANAGER_HOME/logs by
copying STARTUPKIT_INSTALL_HOME/InstallationManagerDebug/log.properties into ./InstallationManager/logs.
Important: After you have enabled enhanced debug logging, the logged information in ./InstallationManager/logs can include password details entered by the user during the installation. Ensure that these logs are stored in a secure place to avoid password exposure.
- Start IBM Installation
Manager in console mode:
- From a command prompt, navigate to INSTALLATION_MANAGER_HOME/eclipse/tools.
- Run the command
- Select option 1, Install.
- Select the InfoSphere® Master Data Management Collaboration Server - Collaborative Edition edition to install and any additional features that you require (such as Workbench, if you are installing a workstation).
- Review and accept the license agreement.
- Choose whether to install into an existing package group
or create a new package group. Tip: If you are unsure of what to choose, then accept the default. Most installations should create a new package group.
- Define the installation directory into which you want to install each component.
- Select the languages for this deployment. English is always selected. If you want to support any languages in addition to English, select them.
- Select the InfoSphere Master Data Management Collaboration Server - Collaborative Edition to be installed either with IBM Websphere Application Server Network Deployment or just extract the product files for doing manual installation later.
- Enter the database configuration details, as prompted.
- Enter the database table space configuration details, as prompted.
- Enter the required details of the WebSphere Application Server instance where InfoSphere Master Data Management Collaboration Server - Collaborative Edition will be installed.
- Provide the remaining InfoSphere
Master Data Management Collaboration Server - Collaborative Edition deployment
and configuration details as prompted by the console. For example, details of the PERL directory, JAVA_HOME, RMI port and HTTP port. If required, you can choose the creation of database tables in this step.
- The installation console will run a series of validation tests. If necessary, take any corrective action to address any warnings or errors.
- When all of the validation tests pass successfully, choose
the Install option. The installation application installs InfoSphere Master Data Management Collaboration Server - Collaborative Edition. Depending on your configuration selections, the installation process can take a significant amount of time.
A success message indicates that the installation has succeeded and the installation verification tests have successfully completed. You can also view the log files to verify a successful installation. If the installation is not successful, view the log files and use the information in the troubleshooting topics to assist you.