Accessing the MDM SOAP web services
To access the InfoSphere® MDM SOAP web services when deployed on Kubernetes, you must use the NGINX Ingress Controller.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have completed the prerequisite steps described in Using NGINX Ingress to access MDM web services and user interfaces on Kubernetes.
Obtain the certificate and key from the key.p12 file present in the MDM
- Copy the file key.p12 from /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/config/cells/WASHOSTCell01/nodes/WASHOSTNode01 from the Docker container or Kubernetes pod to the directory you are working on.
- Run the following commands to obtain the certificate and key:
openssl pkcs12 -in key.p12 -nokeys -out cert.pem openssl pkcs12 -in key.p12 -nodes -nocerts -out was.key
- Create a Kubernetes secret using the files obtained in the previous step.
kubectl create secret tls mdm-tls-cert -n com-ibm-mdm --key was.key --cert cert.pem
This secret will be used by the Ingress resource from InfoSphere MDM.
- Restart the application server.
- Create an Ingress resource using the file mdm_ingress.yml.
kubectl create -f mdm_ingress.yml
The rule in this Ingress facilitates access to the InfoSphere MDM SOAP web services.
- Add the following detail to the hosts file on the machine from which you plan to access
the MDM SOAP web
What to do next