Scenario: Installing InfoSphere MDM Workbench on Windows, then connecting to a remote operational server
Use this scenario as a reference when planning and deploying an InfoSphere® MDM development environment (MDM Workbench) installation on Microsoft Windows that connects to a remote InfoSphere MDM operational server and a remote database instance.
The steps outlined in this scenario are focused on the physical MDM aspect of InfoSphere MDM Workbench configuration and deployment.
- On a local machine, install the MDM Workbench.
- Configure your local MDM Workbench instance to connect to the remote application server.
- Configure your local MDM Workbench instance to connect to the remote database.
- After completing development work, deploy your changes from MDM Workbench to the remote InfoSphere MDM instance.
- Machine A (local Microsoft Windows machine):
- IBM® Installation Manager and InfoSphere MDM Workbench
- IBM Rational® Application Developer
- Machine B (AIX® server machine):
- WebSphere® Application Server Deployment Manager and WebSphere Application Server managed node
- IBM Installation Manager and InfoSphere MDM operational server
- IBM DB2® database