Installing and configuring prerequisites
Before you install InfoSphere® MDM, make sure that you complete the planning steps and meet the prerequisites.
About this task
- Review the readme file for system requirements and potential issues that might affect your installation.
- Read the release notes for information about supported product features or enhancements to the release.
- Review the installation scenarios section, and determine the installation topology that you are going to use.
- Review and complete the installation worksheets.
- Set up your installation media.
- Use a different database user for each deployment of the offering.
- Note the following items if you plan on using an IBM® DB2® database:
- For installation purposes, set up one or more restricted users on a system for database schema users. Because DB2 uses the operating system to authenticate a new user, use a user ID such as mdmdb1 with a restricted shell. This user is not required to be a member of any of the DB2 groups.
- You can also do a simple installation by using a single ID for both the DB2 installation ID and the schema ID. The default ID is db2inst1. For more information, see your DB2 documentation.
- WebSphere® Application Server
- IBM Java™ SDK 1.8.0
- One of the following databases: IBM DB2, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual C++ 64 bit (for development environment installations only)
In addition to these general prerequisites, there are other specific prerequisite tasks for installing InfoSphere MDM. These tasks are outlined in the following topics.