Configuring security and authorization
InfoSphere® MDM Reference Data Management Hub uses a role-based security concept. Activities and states entities are related to roles, which are linked to groups you define in the application server. Users are members of these groups.
- Configure the web application server security. See Security access control.
- Create groups in WebSphere® or LDAP. See Creating groups in the WebSphere Application Server repository.
- Create owner groups in InfoSphere MDM Reference Data Management Hub. See Creating custom groups in InfoSphere MDM Reference Data Management Hub.
- Create users in WebSphere or LDAP and assign them to groups. See Creating and assigning users.
- Add roles, if needed. See Creating roles.
- Associate the roles with the WebSphere or LDAP groups. See Assigning roles to groups in WebSphere Application Server.
- Restart the RDMClientEAR application in WebSphere.