Adding security messages to Web Reports
If you are installing web reports in an environment that requires usage agreements and custom security headers and footers (for example, in government environments), you must provide the custom text for the Configuration page.
- After you install web reports, open a browser and type http://server:port/webreports/diacap/config.html.
- On the Configuration Security Messages page
you can provide additional information as required by your organization.
- Usage Agreement: If this implementation requires users to accept a usage agreement before they can log in to the application, type the message in this box. For example: “You are accessing a US Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG authorized use only. By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions...”. If you leave the agreement box blank, users are taken directly to the login page when they access the application.
- Security Header: Type the text that you want to display as the header for all pages in the application. Leave this field blank if you do not want a header to display.
- Security Footer: Type the text that you want to display as the footer for all pages in the application. Leave this field blank if you do not want a footer to display.
- Click Configure.
The Download webreports.diacap.properties file page opens.
- Complete the steps that are listed in the WebSphere Installation Instructions box.
- After the application is restarted, go back
The web reports login page opens. If you supply a usage agreement, that agreement displays when the report viewer is accessed. Users must accept the agreement before the login page is displayed. If the usage agreement box is not checked, users are taken directly to the report viewer login page.