EQVD is a simple string comparison, used for a simple MATCH or NO-MATCH type of comparison with different match weights for different match values.
- Number of roles
- Number of dimensions
(in each role)
- Weight table
- mpi_wgtsval, mpi_wgthead
- Other tables
- mpi_cmpspec, mpi_cmphead, mpi_cmpfunc
- A comparison is performed between the two strings.
- If the strings match exactly, then the weight value for that particular string is looked up in mpi_wgtsval. If the value is not found, the default agreement weight is taken.
- If the strings do not match, then the weight value corresponding to the disagreement is looked up in mpi_wgtsval.
If you are using EQVD to compare gender, then the result can be an exact match with M, exact match with F or no match. The example shows a mpi_wgtsval table:
If you want to compare:
- M with F - look up row4 for disagreement
- M with J SMITH, M - look up row1 for M weight