This function is used to standardize UK postal codes, which contain alphanumeric characters.
- Output Type
- MinFldArgs, MaxFldArgs
- Minlength, Max Length
- The non-alphanumeric characters are first removed from the string.
- The length of the attribute is checked.
- If the length is 0, the attribute is treated as ANON.
- If the length is less than the minimum (Min) value (5), the attribute is treated as ANON.
- If the length is greater than maximum (Max) value (7), the attribute is truncated to the max value.
- If there is an ANON table and if the attributes are listed in this table, it is treated as ANON.
- If the EQUI table is specified and if the attribute does not belong there, it is treated as ANON.
- Finally, the output is added to the comparison string.