Installing the product
Depending upon your environment, you can perform the installation in interactive or silent mode. The instructions for each deployment type are the same for all editions.
Before you begin
- Your environment meets the hardware and software requirements for components you plan to install
- You completed the installation worksheets
- You have access to the IBM® InfoSphere® Master Data Management offering
- You completed the preparation steps for the database and IBM WebSphere® Application Server
If you want to install IBM InfoSphere MDM Standard or Advanced Edition, refer to Installing MDM Standard and Advanced Editions.
- If you use DB2® as the database manager, in a UNIX shell, export the environment variable DB2_HOME and source the DB2 profile. For Oracle, export the environment variables ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID.
- Ensure that the JAVA_HOME variable is exported and the Perl library, ORACLE_HOME, JAVA _HOME are defined in the PATH variable.
- In the Eclipse directory in the IBM Installation Manager install directory, issue the ./IBMIM command to invoke IBM Installation Manager.
- Add the necessary repositories to IBM Installation Manager.
- Install InfoSphere Master Data Management Collaboration Server - Collaborative Edition.