Attach documents configuration behavior
Attach documents can be configured.
- Behavior When Configured On
- The attach documents feature maintains the reference to content
assets in the Content Management System by using an external CMS adapter
implementation mapped to the property
<cms_name>. This property represents the CMS type, such as IICE or FileNet, which is configured in the property file
CMSConfig.properties. The provider URL and other details are maintained according to the specific requirements of the adapter.
You can configure information that pertains to the CMS repository where the external content resides through the
AdminEObjCdRepositoryTpcode table object.
- Behavior When Configured Off
- The default property settings in the configuration files apply.
- Behavior When Configuration is Changed in a Production Environment
- Attach documents can be configured on or off at any time without impact other than the reference to content assets in the Content Management System.
- Configured During Installation
- The attach documents feature can be configured at any time.
- Modifying This Feature
- For CMS Integration, a customer can provide their own implementation
of the CM adapter for their CMS.
For Content Reference, this feature can be modified using mechanisms like extensions to add additional attributes to the Content Reference business object, or External Rule for search.