Most IBM® InfoSphere® Master Data Management components can be installed on a server or workstation, a combination of the two, or across multiple servers to support clustered environments.
- Extracting InfoSphere MDM assets onto the file system and preparing the madconfig configuration tool. This step is performed by IBM Installation Manager.
- Configuring InfoSphere MDM by
running the installation configuration command line tool (
- The number of components that are being installed.
- The number of servers or workstations in your environment.
- Your network load capacity if you are installing in a clustered environment.
- Whether IBM WebSphere® Application Server is already installed.
- Whether your database software is already installed.
The application server, database server, and HTTP server can all be on the same server, or they can each be on their own server. The HTTP server is recommended, but is optional.