Catalogs are IBM® InfoSphere® Master Data Management Collaboration Server - Collaborative Edition containers that are used to store items. InfoSphere Master Data Management Collaboration Server - Collaborative Edition can have zero or more catalogs; however, an item can belong only to one catalog.
- Catalogs are defined by several components that are required to build a catalog (Name, Primary spec, Primary category hierarchy, ACG (Access control group).
- More optional attributes can be specified for any catalog (Secondary category hierarchy, Linked catalogs, catalog scripts that are used for preprocessing and post processing).
- Catalogs can be linked, allows attributes to be managed for a single item across multiple catalogs.
- Catalog views can be customized to personalized how item attributes are presented to a user.
- Browse and modify a catalog
- Create a catalog
- View items from the rich search
- View and modify a catalogs associated spec
- View and modify catalog attributes
- View catalog differences
- Roll back a catalog version
- Search a catalogs content
- Delete a catalog
- Customize catalog views
The catalog console displays all of the current catalogs that were created. The console view can be customized to show specific catalog attributes, if wanted. The default view shows the catalog name, catalog spec, primary and secondary hierarchies, access control group, and the catalog view that is applied to the catalog.
To access the catalog console, click Product Manager > Catalog > Catalog Console.