Adding a string
Strings enable you to create “rules” or “guidelines” that instruct the algorithm on how to handle certain incoming data values. Use this procedure to add a string.
Strings are managed in InfoSphere® MDM Workbench Configuration perspective.
About this task
- In the View list, select Expert.
- In the configuration editor, select Strings.
- Click Add next to the String code list. A new string is added with default property values.
- In the Properties view,
set the string Type. This selection determines the database table
in which the values are stored. Types may include:
- ANON – anonymous values. Use this type when defining values you want the algorithm to ignore during comparison.
- EQUI – equivalent values. Use this type to standardize variations in incoming data by telling InfoSphere MDM to map x value to y. Used primarily for specialty codes or nicknames.
- FREQ – frequency values. Use this type to define a limitation on the number of times the same string value is bucketed.
- WORD – word values. Use this type to define standardized values for words used in addresses, business names, and member names (for example, “Von” in family names).
- NBKT – numeric values. Use this type to define standardized values for numeric bucketing.
- SBKT – string values. Use this type when defining string values that are standardized to a common value for bucketing.
- Type a Code, Name, and Description of the string. This information is stored in the MPI_strhead database table.
- The String Value File field is read-only. To select a different file, use the String value file pull-down list. To add a string value file, follow the instructions under Adding string value files.
- Save the project.