Creating and assigning users
You create users and assign them to groups to give them access to the functions through IBM® WebSphere® Application Server.
Start the administrative console and log in.
Before you begin
If you are using the WebSphere Application Server File Repository, all users are created by the installer, except for the rdmadmin user. Follow these steps to create the rdmadmin user manually. If using LDAP, these users must be created in the LDAP Repository. Consult your LDAP administrator.
About this task
- Expand the Users and Groups menu and select Manage Users.
- Click Search to show all current users.
- On the Manage Users screen, click Create.
- In the Create a User page, type a User ID. See Table 1.
- Click Group Membership and add the group or groups to which you want each user to belong. See the examples in Table 1.
- Provide a password for the user.
Table 1. Example system users to add User ID Group Password rdmadmin RDMRole_Administrators, enterprise passw0rd approver RDMRole_Approvers, enterprise passw0rd approver2 RDMRole_Approvers2, mdm passw0rd integrator RDMRole_Integrators, enterprise passw0rd mdm RDMRole_All passw0rd mih none passw0rd steward RDMRole_Stewards, enterprise passw0rd steward2 RDMRole_Stewards, mdm passw0rd super RDMRole_Administrators, RDMRole_Approvers, RDMRole_Integrators, RDMRole_Stewards, crm, enterprise, mdm passw0rd tabs RDMRole_All, crm, enterprise, mdm tabs
- Add all users as needed. Important: By default, the user tabs is a superuser in the system. If you remove user tabs, be sure that the user listed in the Mapped Users column in Assigning roles to groups in WebSphere Application Server is a member of groups shown for tabs in the Table 1 table.
Create roles and associate groups to roles.