Linkage types and statuses
Linkage types and statuses are used by the MDM operational server to track the various stages that linked records traverse.
Records are assigned the one following linkage types. The assignment is based on the method in which the records were linked, the originating source, and the stage of the merge process that the record is in.
- Records from multiple different sources that compare and score greater than the auto-link threshold and have a common Entity ID assigned.
- Records from the same source that compare and score greater than the auto-link threshold, and have a common Entity ID assigned. You can disable same source auto-links in the MDM Workbench if you want. If this option is turned off, same source records that score greater than the threshold are placed in a suspected duplicate task. Suspected duplicate tasks require manual review by a data steward.
- A previously auto-linked record that, because of new information, no longer compares and scores less than the auto-link threshold with another record and was automatically unlinked by the MDM operational server. After the record is unlinked, it might be placed into a task if it compares as greater than the clerical review threshold.
- A data steward logically deleted the record so that the MDM operational server no longer includes the record in the algorithmic comparison.
- A data steward manually linked records from multiple sources.
- A data steward manually linked records from the same source.
- A data steward manually unlinked records that previously shared a common Entity ID.
- Indicates that the MDM operational server received a merge message from the source system.
- A data steward updates the linkage status, but does not change the record Entity ID.
- A data steward resolved a record to be merged and set the Surviving Entity ID and Surviving Source ID. When the operational server receives the merge message from the source, this record is set to “Merge.”
- A data steward activated the record after the record was deleted.
- A previously merged record that was unmerged.
Hierarchy management uses linkage types of X for identity and P for parent. These types are not seen in most implementations.
- Applies if this linkage has not been reviewed by a data steward.
- Applies if this linkage has been reviewed and confirmed by a data steward.
- Applies if this linkage has been reviewed and confirmed as incorrect by a data steward.