Upgrading in place from 11.7 to version 11.7.1
You can use the InfoSphere® Information Server 11.7.1 in-place upgrade package to do an in-place upgrade of InfoSphere Information Server.
You can use the InfoSphere Information Server 11.7.1 in-place upgrade package to do an in-place upgrade of InfoSphere Information Server 11.7. If your 11.7 system does not currently have Enterprise Search installed, then during the upgrade to 11.7.1, you can choose to install Enterprise Search and Watson Knowledge Catalog Lite or Watson Knowledge Catalog Professional (assuming that you meet the license requirements).
Before you begin
- Verify that you have a valid backup of your repository, application server, engine tiers, and any other InfoSphere Information Server assets and data. Verify that you have a backup of your entire ISHOME directory. For more information, see Backing up IBM InfoSphere Information Server components.
- If you are planning on installing the microservices tier, read Specifying microservices tier options, 11.7.1 first.
- If you use the Operations Console, save your settings before you start the upgrade so that you can apply them after the upgrade is complete. Operation Console configurations are not retained after an in-place upgrade.
- For Oracle repository, follow the steps in technote Instructions for upgrading IBM Information Server Enterprise Search XMETA Oracle repository 184.108.40.206 to version 11.7 Fix pack 2 and later.
- If you are using Db2®, you must create the following schemas in the XMETA database: AUDIT_TRAIL, APP_CONFIG, SOCIAL, USER_PREFS. The steps to create the AUDIT_TRAIL schema are available in the technote Audit-trail-service pod goes into CrashLoopBackOff after upgrading from 11700 to 11702 in UG in the section Resolving the problem. For the remaining schemas, update the SQL statements to reflect the correct schema name and repeat the steps.
- If you are planning to upgrade to InfoSphere Information Server version 11.7.1 Fix Pack 1 after you upgrade to version 11.7.1, do not install Watson Knowledge Catalog. Watson Knowledge Catalog is not currently supported at InfoSphere Information Server version 11.7.1 Fix Pack 1.
See the 11.7.1 system requirements for the in-place upgrade that you plan to do. Also, ensure that your systems meet the hardware and software requirements as some of them have changed.
Upgrade from 11.7 to 11.7.1
- Upgrade to a supported operating system
- For operating system and hardware requirements, see Detailed system requirements for AIX.
- Windows 2012 base users need to upgrade to Windows 2012 R2, or Windows 2016. For more information, see Detailed system requirements for Windows.
- Upgrade the repositories
- Oracle 18c
- For information about upgrading to Oracle 18c, see Upgrading to Oracle Database 18c.
- Oracle 18c
- Launching the Update Installer to upgrade to 11.7.1
The Update Installer can be launched in GUI mode or console mode.
GUI Mode: When the 11.7.1 mod pack upgrade image is used, a window will ask you whether you want to upgrade from Information Server 11.7.0.x to 220.127.116.11. The steps that you must do vary depending on the current state of your system and the wanted result. For details, see Instructions for upgrading IBM InfoSphere Information Server to version 18.104.22.168
Console Mode: You can upgrade silently by using this mode. You can provide a property file to control the actions performed by the Update Installer. The technote Instructions for upgrading IBM InfoSphere Information Server to version 22.214.171.124 contains a sample property file that you can edit based on your environment and upgrade needs.
For information on known issues, see Known issues section of Known problems and limitations in InfoSphere Information Server, Version 11.7.1.