Designing an installation topology
The overall topology of an installation can range widely in complexity. Optimize the design of the topology to accommodate the product modules that you install and any requirements for high availability, performance and throughput, and user concurrency.
IBM® InfoSphere® Information Server supports a variety of topolgies. In these topology descriptions, the term computers refers to separate physical servers, logical partitions (LPARs), or virtual machines.
- Basic installation topologies
- If you do not need a high availability solution and do not anticipate scaling the installation for higher capacity in the future, choose a basic topology.
- High availability configurations
- IBM provides different high availability solutions for each IBM InfoSphere Information Server tier.
- Parallel processing and grid topologies
- To maximize the InfoSphere Information Server engine efficiency and throughput, create a parallel processing or grid topology.