Displaying user details
Use this command to query for detailed information about a user, such as the security roles that are assigned to the user name or the groups that the user belongs to. This command should only be used for troubleshooting or recovery.
The application server must be running to run this command.
DirectoryAdmin.bat -user -userid username -display
DirectoryAdmin.sh -user -userid username -display
ParametersThe following options are available for the DirectoryAdmin command.
- The command line option that specifies that this task is to work with users.
- -userid username
- Specifies the name of the user to look up the details for. Note
that the user ID syntax differs depending on the type of user registry
that is configured in the application server.
Note: To add users with long and composed user ids, like LDAP fully qualified names, surround the user IDs with double quotation marks when using the tool.
- Local OS on UNIX
- Provide the UNIX user ID, such as "isadmin."
- Local OS on Windows
- COMPUTER_NAME\userid, such as MYSERVER\isadmin where MYSERVER is the name of the Microsoft Windows computer. If the Microsoft Windows computer is registered in a domain, the syntax might also be DOMAIN_NAME\userid. The name must be uppercase.
- The full distinguished name (DN) must be provided in the proper case. For more information on retrieving the DN, refer to LDAP distinguished name (DN) determination.
- Displays the detailed information associated with that user name.